Resources for Studying as a MAPS Student
If you’re Mature-Aged or Part-Time, you may face some unique challenges. We’ve collated some tips & resources to help you on your journey!
- Info from the Uni for Mature-Aged students
- MSA Student Advocacy & Support
- Monash Flexible Study Options
- MSA Study Buddy program
- Learning Online study support
- Tips For Studying While You Are Working
- 10 hacks for studying while working and raising a family
- Tips for studying online and at home
- MyGov Education Entry Payment info
- Monash Mindfulness
The Student Union Recreational Library (SURLY) also has some great resources to help our Mature Age & Part-time Students improve their study skills, manage their time and stress!
Located upstairs in the campus centre (near the MAPS longue!), SURLY is all about supplementing your studies with fun, relaxation & creativity. We have a wide range of fiction & non-fiction, manga, music and gadgets. Forgot your charger, headphones? SURLY has got you covered!
Here is a list of some of our books, compiled especially for you MAPS!
- Study Tips:
- Studying part time without stress by Teresa De Fazio
- How to Study by Ron Fry
- The Good Study Guide by Andrew Northedge
- How to be a Study Ninja : Study smarter. Focus better. Achieve more by Graham Allcott
- Making the most of university: How to have more time, more money and less stress by Kate Van Haeften
- Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman
- Time shifting. Creating more time to enjoy your life by Stephan Rechtschaffen
- Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life by Suhas G.Kshirsagar
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story
- Fear Less by Pippa Grange
- 60 second stress management by Dr Andrew Goliszek