27th June 2020
SURLY Click & Collect: How to Request Books
Hello from Surly, your Student Union Recreational Library in the campus centre!
Click & Collect will be available during uni breaks, and any lockdowns.
How does it work?
- Browse the collections
- Search for books online, or check out the Surly blog for recommendations
- Browsing tip: when you search our catalogue, titles in bold are currently available; unbolded are on loan or in-processing (you can still request them, but they may take a bit longer)
- Email us or Click to Reserve
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests; or
- Log in to our online catalogue, click on the item’s title, then click ‘Reserve Title’
- We will email you to confirm availability, and arrange a date for contactless collection.
- If the library space is not currently open, collection will be by appointment only. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee staff will be on site if you drop by unannounced out-of-hours!
- We will confirm return date with you when you borrow. Our returns chute is always open, just outside the library front door, if you want to return anything earlier
I don’t know what to read???
That’s totally understandable! We know that the online catalogue can’t fully replace the experience of browsing the library shelves in-person, unfortunately. Scroll our instagram for recommendations, or you’re feeling stuck, feel free to email our Librarian at email@example.com – let us know what sort of book you’re looking for (genre, style, length, author, etc), or something you’ve enjoyed recently, and we’ll put together some recommendations for you 🙂
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be happy to help you.
All items are sanitised between different students borrowing them. Collection can be contactless – you just need to show us your ID Card.